Last weekend I finally got to blow the dust off my Arduino and do a bit of hacking. I went over to a friends house and we spent the entire Saturday messing around with Arduino’s. I decided to try and get a 320x240 Kent display (e-Ink) I bought last year up and running. After a lot of messing around I managed to get it to display images. I intend on using this for a low power fridge display one day to display weather information, upcoming diary dates, birthdays, etc.
The display has no graphics driver of any kind so fonts will have to be done entirely in software. This display is crying out to have a library written for it, but I am not sure how popular the display is.
I also got a 320x240 colour TFT display up and running using some demo code I found online. This display requires a LOT of pins. In fact, all 20 digital pins on the Arduino Uno were used and there were still some pins on the display left unused. It would be better with a Mega.
I finished off with getting a Thermopile to work. Very interesting little non-contact temperature sensor. I may use it for another incarnation of my Cloud Sensor project one day. Overall it was a great day of Arduino Hacking.